Punjab Rozgar SchemeCM Punjab Rozgar Scheme 2020 Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC) is a statuary body corporate established under PSIC Act. 1973 and working under the administrative control of Industries, Commerce, Investment & Skills Development Department (ICI&SDD), Government of the Punjab with the mandate to promote small scale & cottage industries in the province by providing credit, issuance of credit guarantee to the scheduled banks, access to develop infrastructure, business advisory services, marketing channels, common facilities, establishing artisans colonies, design centers, workshops and institutions for promotions & development of handicrafts with its main functions.
For more details please visit www.psic.gop.pk
For Apply Click Me
COVID-19 emerged as the biggest humanitarian and economic crises. Lockdown and shutdown have brought the economic activity to a grinding halt. Every section of the economy and society has been impacted by the Pandemic with more adverse effect on daily wagers, informal workers and existing businesses. In order to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on businesses and lives, Government of the Punjab is focusing on such activities and programs that help / support social sector and restore economic activity to provide livelihood opportunities across the province.
Punjab Rozgar Scheme, a flagship initiative of Government of the Punjab designed with the total cost of Rs. 30,000.00 million (Rs. 30 billion) to provide subsidized credit facilities to the micro, small and medium (MSMEs) startups and existing business in collaboration with Commercial Banks. Government of the Punjab will provide Markup Support and Risk Coverage to minimize cost of commercial loans for the MSMEs, and to overcome pandemic effect of COVID-19 on existing business.
Punjab Rozgar Scheme has been designed with special focus on generating employment opportunities for the youth by creating economic activities. University Graduates with Entrepreneurial Skills and Diploma / Certificate holders of Technical / Vocational Training Institutes, as well as existing businesses hit by COVID-19 will be considered.
Punjab Green Development Program (PGDP) has been initiated to improve environment quality in the province and to reduce air, soil, and water pollution; address deforestation, floods, and land degradation; manage surface water and groundwater resources; conserve natural resources and protect biodiversity; develop public transportation and other alternatives to private motorized vehicles; integrate environmental considerations in public policymaking and private investments; comply with international standards and enhance green competitiveness; and to promote resource and energy efficiency.
The following eligibility criteria will be adhered to process the loans under Punjab Rozgar Scheme:
- Age: 20 to 50 years
- Gender: Male / Female / Transgender
- Resident: Citizen of Pakistan, Resident in Punjab, verified through CNIC
- Business Location: Punjab
- Business Type: Sole Proprietor, Partnership, or any business fulfilling other eligibility criteria
- Must have a clean e-CIB / Credit History
- For startups / new businesses
- Having a viable business plan
- For existing businesses
- Having a viable business plan with a focus to sustain the impact of COVID-19
- Having Valid CNIC
- Any other parameter to be set by Punjab Small Industries Corporation (PSIC) / Government
- University/College Graduates with entrepreneurial skill
- Diploma/Certificate holder from TVET having technical/vocational training.
- Artisans and skilled workers
- Existing Businesses
(However, preference will be given to existing businesses in wake of the current COVID-19 pandemic)
- Micro and other enterprises that apply for a loan to adopt resource-efficient and cleaner production technologies or any Green / Environment-friendly intervention to improve the environmental performance of their operations.
Punjab Rozgar Scheme will facilitate in terms of financial support to startups and existing businesses in Punjab with a special focus on COVID-19 hit businesses. The scheme emphasizes trade, service, manufacturing, agriculture and livestock sectors.
Under Punjab Green Development Program financial support will also be provided to Micro and other enterprises that want to adopt resource-efficient and cleaner production technologies to improve environmental performance.