Lahore 1921 Faisalabad, Sheikhupura, Gujranwala, Narowal Engineering Public Founded in 1921 as Mughalpura Technical College, it was renamed as MacLagan Engineering College in 1923 after Edward Douglas MacLagan. In 1932, it became an affiliated college of the University of the Punjab and began offering undergraduate degrees in engineering disciplines. In 1962, it was granted charter and named as West Pakistan University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore. In 1972, it was officially renamed as University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore. A second campus of the university was established in 1975 in Sahiwal which was relocated in Taxila in 1978 and became an independent university in 1993 called University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila.